ANPR | ALPR | Automatic Number | License | Plate Recognition SDK
ATAPY ANPR SDK is a specialized software development kit featuring Automatic Number Plate Recognition technology. It is designed for system integrators and software application developers who wish to incorporate Automatic Number Plate Recognition technology into their software applications.
ATAPY ANPR SDK is based on OCR technology by our partner ABBYY Software House. It is a flexible solution capable of working with most Windows-based external software systems and image capture devices (cameras), and can be tailored to meet specific customer requirements.
ATAPY ANPR SDK Features and Advantages
The SDK is powered by one of the industry's most precise OCR products - an OCR engine by ABBYY Software House.
High recognition accuracy
Guaranteed performance on German, Swedish, Dutch, Russian, and Austrian (selected types) number plates.
International number plate reading capability
- Quickly extendable to support new number plate types.
A Mobile Version of the SDK is available
This provides recognition on mobile devices.
Automatic geometric skew/tilt correction (up to 30°)
ATAPY ANPR SDK: Areas of Use
ATAPY ANPR SDK is based on the latest version of ABBYY FineReader Engine and is most suitable for operating at vehicle control points where cars are moving at 20 km/h or less. This version of the SDK can be used to build a variety of applications such as:
Access control applications
- Controlled and automatic vehicle entry to and exit from controlled/restricted areas;
- Parking lot management systems;
- Toll road monitoring and surveillance system (control points).
Security and maintenance systems:
- Public transport enforcement systems;
- Border security;
- Vehicle weight enforcement systems;
- Petrol Station security;
- Fleet management/inventory management systems.
ATAPY ANPR SDK: Mobile Version
The Mobile Version of ATAPY ANPR SDK is based on ABBYY Mobile SDK and requires only a mobile device with an autofocus camera. It has a small footprint and allows recognition on the device itself.
ATAPY ANPR Mobile SDK: Areas of Use
- Street and car park audits;
- Mobile vehicle assessments for insurance claims, auction, sales, etc.;
- Police enforcement;
- Fleet management and inventory control systems;
- Parking lot monitoring.
ATAPY ANPR SDK can accept input images from any digital camera, monochrome or color, as long as they meet the following requirements:
- Format: BMP, JPEG, JPEG 2000, GIF, PNG (photo), DivX, Motion JPEG (video);
- Image resolution: not lower than 96 dpi;
- No blur, pixelation, optical and perspective distortions, shadows, over or underexposed spots;
- The number plate width is no smaller than 100 px.
The image capture point must meet the following conditions:
- Sufficient illumination (at least 300 luces) and all parts of the number plate are equally illuminated;
- Skew/tilt of the license plate is not more than 30 degrees;
- Vehicle speed is no more than 20 km/h;
- Distance between vehicles is at least 5 meters.
The output of the SDK is the recognized number as a text string of letters and digits, the source image, the extracted image of the number plate, and a set of additional data including the coordinates of characters, plate borders, recognition confidence level (in percent), and other possible recognition versions for uncertain OCRed characters with their estimated confidence level.
The OCR results can be matched against a database later to find out if the vehicle is stolen, on the white/black list, etc. depending on the goals of the external application. The SDK can be tailored to meet the requirements of any business process.
ATAPY ANPR SDK Package
The ANPR SDK package includes:
- Automatic Number Plate Recognition engine;
- Functions library (.NET, COM, C++);
- Demo GUI application;
- Developer documentation and a sample application.
Supported Operating Systems
Windows 7 (32/64 bit), Windows 2003, XP, Vista, Windows Server 2003, 2008 (32/64 bit). Windows Mobile (for ATAPY ANPR Mobile only).
See Also: Project for Swedish Mobile Solutions Provider: